Friday, April 28, 2006

I went to a funeral this evening for something I never want to have to go for ever again. A friend who has struggled way too much in his life just lost his father a few days ago. Apparently, life was too much and so his dad ended it. Throughout the funeral I was too angry to be sad, except when I saw the pain on the face of my friend. How do you respond to someone who's father has just killed himself and left his family behind, wondering what the heck just happened?? My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. I can't help but believe that God's heart is broken tonight. This isn't something that is supposed to happen. God, protect me and my loved ones from EVER getting to a point where suicide seems to be the only answer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Bon,
I know that my dad didn't commit suicide, but I know the pain to loose a dad and my best advice for you as you try to help this friend is to love them. When I say love them I mean, just be there. Even when you don't want to be, be there. Let this friend cry, cuss, be mad, be sad all of it. If you can do that, it will mean more than you will ever know. I can't imagine the pain that your friend is going through as I'm sure you can't either so nothing you can say will take away there pain. The other thing to think about is to remember your friend weeks and months from now. Almost four years later, I still cry and miss my dad at different times during the day, week, month and year.

I know you know these things, but sometimes it helps to hear them again. I hope you are enjoying your job. We only have 16 days left with our kids, and as ready as I am for the summer, I'm going to miss them. Love you so much!

Becca

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home